International Seminar Culture for the Eastern Partnership
During three days from 8th to 10th of March 2013 more than 100 cultural operators from 17 European counties have been working on new models of cooperation and the concept of the II Eastern Partnership Culture Congress during the International Seminar “Culture for the Eastern Partnership” which was held in Lublin.
The Seminar aim was to get together people and organizations involved already in the work on the Eastern Partnership Culture Congress and the Connected by the Border Cultural Cooperation Network for the Eastern Partnership, as well as Programming Council of the Congress and discuss thematic areas, proposals for the II Congress which will be held in Lublin in Autumn 2013 and for the festival of actual arts of the Eastern Partnership.
The Second Eastern Partnership Congress will take place 4 – 5 October 2013 in Lublin and the festival will be held from 1st to 5th October 2013 also in Lublin, as integral part of the Congress.
The programme of the Seminar consisted of the working – group meetings of the:
- Programming Council of the Congress
- Connected by the border – core group of the cultural cooperation network for the Eastern Partnership
- representatives of the European organizations, institutions, initiatives which are involved in cooperation with the EaP
and open meetings: orient_aCtion: Belarus – presentation of the actual art, culture processes in Belarus organized by Ў Gallery of Contemporary Art (music, debates, multimedia presentations, lectures, ect.) which open a cycle of meetings dedicated to actual culture of the EaP countries in Lublin, open debate about the condition of culture in the EaP.
During the seminar all invited groups worked on the following issues:
- programme and thematic areas of the Second Congress
- proposals of art and culture projects from the EaP and the EU that could be presented during the festival Integrations of Cultures
- proposals of organizations, institutions, moderators, panellists, special guests that should be invited for the Congress
- presentation of good practices and
- presentation of the “European Cultural Stadium 2013″
Organizers: Workshops of Culture, the City of Lublin, Ministry of Culture and Cultural Heritage, National Centre for Culture.
Partners: European Cultural Stadium, Trans Culture Foundation, Ў Gallery of Contemporary Art, “Grodzka Gate – NN Theater” Centre Centre for the Eastern Competences, Other Space Foundation, Borderland Foundation, Eastbook, “Dzyga Art Association”