Eastern Partnership in European Neighbourhood Policies
What happens in the countries in Eastern Europe and the Southern Caucasus affects the European Union. Successive EU enlargements have brought these countries closer to the EU and their security, stability and prosperity increasingly impact on the EU’s. The potential these countries offer for diversifying the EU’s energy supplies is one example.
All these countries, to varying degrees, are carrying out political, social and economic reforms, and have stated their wish to come closer to the EU. The conflict in Georgia in August 2008 confirmed how vulnerable they can be, and how the EU’s security begins outside our borders.
The European Commission put forward concrete ideas for enhancing our relationship with: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine. This would imply new association agreements including deep and comprehensive free trade agreements with those countries willing and able to enter into a deeper engagement and gradual integration in the EU economy. It would also allow for easier travel to the EU through gradual visa liberalisation, accompanied by measures to tackle illegal immigration.
The Partnership will also promote democracy and good governance, strengthen energy security, promote sector reform and environment protection, encourage people to people contacts, support economic and social development and offer additional funding for projects to reduce socio-economic imbalances and increase stability.
Here you will find the latest news about EU regional policy, calendar of events, meetings, funding, projects:
- EU Neighbourhood Policies ( Reference documents)
- Eastern Partnership: A Roadmap to the autumn 2013 Summit
- Eastern Partnership: A Roadmap Multilateral dimension
- Eastern Partnership: A Roadmap Bilateral Dimension
- Eastern Partnership leaflat
- EU cooperation for a sucessful Eastern Partnership
- Poland’s Development Cooperation and the Eastern partnership (2009-2010)
- Culture and European Neighbourhood Policy
- EURONEST – parliamentary forum to promote political association and further economic integration between the European Union and the Eastern European Partners.
- EU Neighbourhood Info Centre – portal for news and information about EU cooperation with its Eastern Neighbours
- Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum
- The Eastern Partnership Multilateral Platforms
- The Eastern Partnership – Flagship Initiatives
- AEGEE Eastern Partnership Project – european project that ensure equal opportunities for young people from Eastern Partnership countries and EU member states
- EaP Community – an independent analytical portal dedicated to the issues of political, economic, social and cultural relations between the European Union and the countries at which the Eastern Partnership initiative is targeted
- European Agenda for Culture
- CORLEAP The Conference of the Regional and Local Authorities for the Eastern Partnership
- EuroBelarus – portal about economy, politics, society, personalities in Belarus
- Visa-Free Europe coalision for the European Continent undivided by visa barriers
- Eastonian Centre of Eastern Partneship
- Eastbook – Portal on Eastern Partnership is the main project of The Common Europe Foundation. Inform about a situation in the Eastern European countries and reporting on development of the Union’s policy towards these states.
- LabforCulture – online platform about ideas, propjects, people and funds
- Polish Aid
GRANTS – funding programmes for collaborations between EU and EaP countries